Access O365 ID in Outlook as Exchange Account
This is a tool which helps you to troubleshoot your outlook application issue while configuring your O365 ID in exchange and also help to narrow down the issue which comes while configuring or while using the outlook application.
Microsoft prefers to configure O365 ID in outlook as exchange account so that you can explore all the features of outlook which are not available in normal IMAP and POP account.
To configure the exchange account, first, you need to download the tool Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365. This tool helps to configure O365 ID on outlook as exchange account and also helps to narrow down the incoming issues while configuring.
To download this tool go to https://diagnostics.outlook.com/#/
On this page you will get the download option > click on Download Now. One exe file will download that you need to install in your system, then run. Installation might take some time to complete.
Please find the below steps to complete the configuration.
Open the tool on your system, then select outlook and click on next.
2. Next page, select the problem that is coming while configuration or if you are configuring for the first time, then select the second option and click on next.
3. Next page, select Yes and click on next.
4. Next page, enter your O365 email ID and password then click on next.
5. Next, this tool will authenticate all setting with Microsoft exchange server.
Note - If any error comes, it will show you the error with solution link for the same.
6. If NO error comes then click on yes, it will automatically configure your ID on outlook or you can close this application and configure your ID in outlook application as exchange.
Open your outlook application and go to add account.
2. Enter you Name, Email ID and password and click on next.
3. Click on Finish.
This Tool mainly helps to troubleshoot the error that may come while configuring the account or any error or issue which may come while using the outlook application.