Worry About Distance Learning? Here Comes Google Assignments
Google for Education is the free version of G Suite especially for schools which includes Mail, Drive, Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, and Calendar.
G Suite for Education
Google for Education is the free version of G Suite especially for schools which includes Mail, Drive, Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, and Calendar. It is a platform that can help you increase opportunities for critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity, as well as support the learning objectives that you have for your students.
Google offers schools the opportunity to enter the digital age, to change the way of teaching and transform the learning process.
The most used tool is Classroom, the app that allows students and teachers to exchange useful information on Assignments and various activities, which is automatically cached every time the application is opened with an Internet connection, so that they can be viewed even when there is no connection.
In addition, teachers and students can lead or attend classes, manage homework or correct class work, collaborate remotely, and enjoy all the features of Classroom with their personal Google account.
To encourage distance learning, Google is releasing Assignments, an add-on for Learning Management System (LMS) that makes it easy to distribute, analyze, and evaluate student work with G Suite for Education.
As reported by Google, Assignments makes Google Docs and Google Drive compatible with your LMS for file submissions. You can use Assignments to save time distributing and grading student work, and analyze student submissions with originality reports to ensure authenticity.
Features and benefits of Assignments
- Distribute personalized Google Drive worksheets and templates to students and automatically distribute a personalized copy of assignment files for each student (each copy is labeled with each student's name and organized in a Drive folder)
- Assign and collect any type of file (including Google Docs and Microsoft Word files)
- Identify missing quotes and possible plagiarism using originality reports
- Quickly evaluate the possibility of providing meaningful feedback
- Make student-to-student comparisons on your school-owned repository of past submissions when you upgrade to G Suite Enterprise for Education
- Built with the latest Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standards for robust security and easy installation in your LMS
- Simplify assignment management with user-friendly G Suite productivity tools
- Protect student privacy — data is owned and managed solely by you and your students
- Provide an ad-free experience for all your users
Do you want to receive more information and use Assignments? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org