GIFFY Features & Benefits
The GIFFY application runs on the browser and helps you to develop cloud based applications writing minimal code. This allows more scope for solving the business problems rather than wasting time on the details of cloud computing.
- In GIFFY, real world business entities can be modeled. There are tools to build/create forms for CRUD operations. A rule engine for interactions with & between the entities
- GIFFY has prebuilt modules for tasks such as User and Group Management, Mail Notifications, Integration with external systems etc.
- GIFFY can be deployed on Google App Engine which is without doubt a world class PAAS
- Advanced customization of web forms with field dependencies, dynamic field filling, pagination, pre-built validation rules, and more
- GIFFY allows for an agile development methodology as you are dealing with the business aspects of a project rather than the technical aspects of it.
- GIFFY allows you to test your application as you go which is a big advantage where the functional bugs are left to the last stages of the development life cycle.
- Google App Engine is not ACID compliant. This makes building business applications on top of GAE a huge challenge. With GIFFY this aspect of Appengine is taken care of so you can concentrate on the business realities.
- GIFFY implements W3C Standard web technologies
- In built Report & Query engine.
- Calendar and Event Management - tightly integrated with the Google Apps Google Calendar which can be configured to give email/sms/popup alerts. Since it uses the Google Calendar for scheduling events it can also be used for Calendar sharing.
- With the GIFFY Google Mail plugin all communication and collaboration can be handled from within Google Mail User interface.
- Google Maps Integration for location plotting, User tracking, Asset/Store tracking has already been pre built in the system.
- Business Rules & Workflow can be implemented at runtime with the GIFFY Rules engines which process custom Java code.
- Wizard based Escalations and Notifications rules can be configured and integrated with the workflow.
- Reports can be generated in Excel, PDF, CSV formats
- Import and Export Capabilities are also prebuilt in the system.
Advantages of GIFFY over other products
It is well known fact that Google App Engine lets you run web applications on Google's infrastructure. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow. With App Engine, there are no servers to maintain: You just upload your application, and it's ready to serve your users. GIFFY takes care of the application and Google Appengine takes care of the rest.
Appengine is built to scale; it can scale from 1 to 1 million users without any issues as this is done automatically by the Appengine Servers. To achieve this scaling, Appengine API is modeled so that the applications built using the API are scalable too. This is where GIFFY comes handy as it was built with the Appengine API's from the start therefore fine tuning all the hiccups faced during implementation making it a Robust Web Application Development tool.
Recent blog posts
G Suite Overview
Research firm Radicati names G Suite for Business the leader in cloud business email. Learn More..
Grow up with GIFFY
GIFFY simplifies business application development on the Google Cloud Platform by creating an abstraction over the core platform and empowering end users with a Model Driven approach rather than the traditional development cycle.